Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Goodbye Sucks

I want to say that I'm back home after visiting with my first mom. But while I was visiting, that's when it felt like I was home. Now I'm at my other home. But I certainly felt at home on my visit.

I met all four of my brothers. I think I look like three of them, and I share some of the personality of the fourth. After getting to hang out with them for a good chunk of time, I'm definitely one of them.

My youngest brother, my first mom, and I are all loud in the same kind of way. We get louder as we tell stories. We're boisterous. That's probably the best word for it. And we like to tell stories. These are my people.

That's a weird feeling. Knowing that these people are my family. Seeing myself in their faces. Hearing myself in their voices. I've never had this experience before. But now I have. I wonder how many people take that experience for granted. I know I never can. Not now.

I got to see a lot of pictures, hear a lot of stories, and just enjoy their company. I felt completely comfortable with all of them.

The only hard part was the leaving. And because of problems at the airport, we actually had to say goodbye three times yesterday. (If you want that whole story, you can read it on my other blog. Here's the link: Airline Heck.) That was a lot of crying.

I'm feeling better now. I still miss them all. But at least I've found them. And they have accepted me. The only thing tempering my exhilaration is how far away they are. I guess I just have to look forward to the next visit.

It was a very good weekend.

No comments: