Friday, May 9, 2008

Take Two

A little over a year ago, I had begun my search and was anxiously awaiting my non-identifying information. I had no idea where my search would take me.

Today, I took another step in this endless process. I mailed the petition to the county court requesting the release of my original birth certificate. I was told to wait a month or two before after sending in my first mom's permission form to release the information. It's been just about two months since I mailed that form in. So I'm hoping that I will receive a copy of my original birth certificate before too long.

I also mailed another letter to my first father. I included a medical history survey and a self-addressed stamped envelope. I'm hoping he'll at least fill that out and send it back to me. I'm also hoping it prompts him to write me. It's been almost two months since I sent him the first letter. I'm going to try not to obsess about this again. But I'll probably fail.

Sunday, I'm giving a talk about motherhood to my church (a Unitarian Universalist congregation). Tomorrow I'll be working on revising and polishing that talk. I expect to post the full text here on Sunday sometime.

Okay... I'm going to try to forget about the materials I just mailed out. I need to go distract myself with some video games, I think...

No comments: