Sometimes I need to remind myself of some things...
* I am an adoptee. It is not the whole of my identity, but my identity is not complete without mentioning this. Being an adoptee shapes so much of who I am.
* I do not dislike adoptive parents. I just don't want there to be any more of them.
* "Everyone goes through difficulties" is both true and a poor excuse for not having empathy for people going through a rough time.
* There is no way to make up for missing 30+ years together, but that doesn't mean I can't try.
* Not everyone can understand everything, but having one person who can understand even one thing is sometimes enough.
* Everything happens for a reason, but it doesn't always happen for a GOOD reason.