Friday, August 1, 2008

Withdrawal

I'm in full avoidance mode. I've been avoiding nearly everything to do with adoption for the last week or so. Something set me off last week (the details don't matter... it was my misunderstanding of something someone else had written...), and I realized I needed a break. I'm just starting to dip my toes back in a bit.

This has all been pushing down on me for over a year, every day. I started my search about fifteen months ago, and I've been in reunion for just over a year. If I don't take some kind of break, I'm going to go crazy (more so).

I don't know if the last week was enough. But I'm still curious as to what is going on with some of my on-line friends, so I'm seeing how things go now.

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

I miss you on the forum Phil. I admire you being able to take a break, I can't seem to do it.

Take care, and hugs xoxo

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to step back for a bit. I wish I could get adoption-dementia even for a day. This stuff sure does wear one down.

take care of yourself,
Carol

Sunny said...

Miss you.